Latest topics

» Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
by woofiedog Today at 8:58 pm

» Campaign: Otto Carius (WIP)
by mechanic Today at 7:31 pm

» STA(Steel Tank Add-on) 3.2 (Steel Fury)
by mechanic Today at 7:28 pm

» Легкий танк Pz-38(t)
by will73 Today at 1:37 pm

» Best laptop for playing
by Lightning62 Today at 7:37 am

» Woofie the Dog's Skin Shop
by woofiedog Today at 5:49 am

» All of the command keys are set to ???
by lockie Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:00 am

» Sta scranny 001:Error
by mechanic Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:51 pm

» Missing Keyboard Defaults
by Lightning62 Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:10 pm

December 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Video from SF

frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Re: Video from SF

Post by frinik on Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:54 am

Kurt did you modify the tanks in the mission editor? Your last mission I was unable to play because of that. I hope this one I could? Otherwise very nice work! I enjoyed watching it.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:57 am

KurtTank wrote:Here's a new one from me, "Capture the Crossroads" Pz. V Ausf. G "Panther".
    Good video!
    I see u played without shadows?
    Also I'd add a scout squad to the place of resupply. Then force them to move around, when the user's tank arrive, thus it'll simulate the shells loading Smile
    And perhaps, u should add a radio message: All rounds are loaded!
    to give user a hint - he may go. Could be presented some sounds making noise as downloading, kinda in Panzer Elite Action.
    KurtTank
    Silver Tools
    Silver Tools

Post by KurtTank on Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:05 pm

frinik wrote:Kurt did you modify the tanks in the mission editor? Your last mission I was unable to play because of that. I hope this one I could? Otherwise very nice work! I enjoyed watching it.

Hi Frinik, Yes, I have been working like a dog to correct all the changes to units, markers, etc. that I made that made it impossible for you to play I hope to have compatibility with all the missions soon. I've created some 100+ unit combos for the German side, and 20 or so marker additions. I worked on it for four hours yesterday and somehow lost all the data I had been working with! Mad Mad Mad

Any reason the Panther F doesn't have markers? I looked in tech_config at the markers section and it seems there is a difference from the Panther G?

I'll be ready soon to send up the additions, but I still haven't figured out how I lost the data....I was continually hitting the Save button. I was uploading the current video at the time (it took 8+ hrs on my slow DSL connection)Shocked , and I think OneDrive must have not backed it up. Anyway, I will have to do it all over again. Here's a sample of new units:

Last edited by KurtTank on Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    KurtTank
    Silver Tools
    Silver Tools

Post by KurtTank on Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:17 pm

lockie wrote:
    KurtTank wrote:Here's a new one from me, "Capture the Crossroads" Pz. V Ausf. G "Panther".
    Good video!
    I see u played without shadows?
    Also I'd add a scout squad to the place of resupply. Then force them to move around, when the user's tank arrive, thus it'll simulate the shells loading Smile
    And perhaps, u should add a radio message: All rounds are loaded!
    to give user a hint - he may go. Could be presented some sounds making noise as downloading, kinda in Panzer Elite Action.

Thanks!

Hmm, shadows are checked in the Game Options menu...

There's already a truck with infantry accompanying the supply unit (a new unit combo of two trucks, one fuel truck, and one truck with troops), would the scout team be necessary? And how would I make them move around? The infantry fan out into defensive positions around the supply unit.

I'll have to work on sounds for loading shells into the tank and the radio message.

Thanks for the feedback!

frinik

Post by frinik on Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:31 pm

Very impressive changes Kurt . I feel for you having put all that work and losing it al. It happened early on when I made a tweak and shoot mod for SF which took me 1 and 1/2 day of work and all was lost when I had a blue screen of death on my computer. I lost everything... Mad

Actually you know what would be fun ? Having bigger groups like 12 T34/85, 6 JS-2 late and early, 9 Panzer IV Ausf H, 6 SU-85, 6 Stugs III G, 6 KV-1, etc...
    KurtTank
    Silver Tools
    Silver Tools

Post by KurtTank on Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:16 pm

frinik wrote:Very impressive changes Kurt . I feel for you having put all that work and losing it al. It happened early on when I made a tweak and shoot mod for SF which took me 1 and 1/2 day of work and all was lost when I had a blue screen of death on my computer. I lost everything... Mad

Actually you know what would be fun ? Having bigger groups like 12 T34/85, 6 JS-2 late and early, 9 Panzer IV Ausf H, 6 SU-85, 6 Stugs III G, 6 KV-1, etc...

Thanks! Yah, crap happens with computers....darn things! affraid

Funny you should mention big groups of vehicles. Check this out:

txt_med_platoon_htank5q_wer()   { 25x Pz IV H (Grn Chamo w/Schurtzen) + 3x 44 apc gren ; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank5r_wer()   { 16x Pz IV H (Grn Chamo w/Schurtzen) + 12x StuG III G (Saukopf/Dk Chamo/Zimmerit) ; }
    txt_med_platoon_htank5s_wer()   { 8x Pz IV H (Grn Chamo w/Schurtzen) + 12x Pz III N (Grn Chamo w/Schurtzen) ; }

As you can see, if the huge unit is in the diamond formation, they all bunch up. Is there a way to spread out the diamond formation other than the tab in the game? They look fine when in line formation, though. In column formation it's a mess....running over each other and not in a straight line at all. albino

It is awesome, though, to have that many units responding to your movements! bounce

frinik

Post by frinik on Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:59 am

Holy Cow!!!!!! Shocked affraid Shocked affraid What a Face What a Face

WE see eye-to-eye definitely ...

The AI is terrible at getting organized which I why I would suggest limiting the groups to 12. Even when you write precise instructions in your mission text the AI will not always obey consistently or for long. Putting more units is to invite disaster. Also the maps in SF are not really very big so if you put too many vehicles with infantry for most people the fps will plummet dramatically. But 9 to 12 would already make nice groups that are manageable for the player.
    KurtTank
    Silver Tools
    Silver Tools

Post by KurtTank on Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:11 pm

frinik wrote:Holy Cow!!!!!! Shocked affraid Shocked affraid What a Face What a Face

WE see eye-to-eye definitely ...

The AI is terrible at getting organized which I why I would suggest limiting the groups to 12. Even when you write precise instructions in your mission text the AI will not always obey consistently or for long. Putting more units is to invite disaster. Also the maps in SF are not really very big so if you put too many vehicles with infantry for most people the fps will plummet dramatically. But 9 to 12 would already make nice groups that are manageable for the player.

Yah, that's why I was just experimenting with it. Also just for the photo op!
    frinik

Post by frinik on Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:57 am

Ahaha! Working for Signal may be??? cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6scLlhzT6U
    KurtTank
    Silver Tools
    Silver Tools

Post by KurtTank on Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:53 pm

frinik wrote:Ahaha! Working for Signal may be??? cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6scLlhzT6U

Haha! lol!
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sun May 22, 2016 9:16 am

That's a very unusual video! Author play the mission completely without interface! He doesn't know where the target is, where to, he doesn't use external camera either! He is only using the map. That's all. I may say it's a real and true hardcore! Fantastic! I'd not believe till I'd see this video Shocked
    There is error in the link where STA mod located: http://stasf2008.ephpbb.cofxm/t6-stee...
    It should be: http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com
    SovietDrink
    Golden Camera
    Golden Camera

Post by SovietDrink on Sun May 22, 2016 9:29 am

lockie wrote:
    That's a very unusual video! Author play the mission completely without interface! He doesn't know where the target is, where to, he doesn't use external camera either! He is only using the map. That's all. I may say it's a real and true hardcore! Fantastic! I'd not believe till I'd see this video Shocked
    There is error in the link where STA mod located: ...

Hey i am the one who made this video. Personnaly i prefer to play without the HUD, more immersive!  I can be difficult in the T-34/76 for example, where the commander is also the loader and you have to open the hatch to get a clear view then get back in to load a shell!

I modified the link on all my videos, and id like to take the opportunity to thank you and all the modders for this amazing mod, which change a good game into an amazing tank sim.
    KurtTank
    Silver Tools
    Silver Tools

Post by KurtTank on Mon May 23, 2016 7:53 pm

lockie wrote:
    There is error in the link where STA mod located: http://stasf2008.ephpbb.cofxm/t6-stee...
    It should be: http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com

You are right! I like that he switches back and forth with all the viewing ports....I don't do that much. Also, I use the map more as that reflects the input from troops and other tanks to locate the enemy. But no target marker? Hardcore, indeed.
    KurtTank
    Silver Tools
    Silver Tools

Post by KurtTank on Mon May 23, 2016 7:58 pm

SovietDrink wrote:
    lockie wrote:
    There is error in the link where STA mod located: ...

Hey i am the one who made this video. Personnaly i prefer to play without the HUD, more immersive!  I can be difficult in the T-34/76 for example, where the commander is also the loader and you have to open the hatch to get a clear view then get back in to load a shell!

I modified the link on all my videos, and id like to take the opportunity to thank you and all the modders for this amazing mod, which change a good game into an amazing tank sim.

Nice! But how do you keep track of the shells? I'm not sure, but I think that the count was hidden with the HUD. Good job on the video!
    KurtTank
    Silver Tools
    Silver Tools

Post by KurtTank on Wed May 25, 2016 12:22 am

SovietDrink wrote:

I am not finding this mission, where is it? I like the map and might want to add my own touch to the mission. cheers
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Wed May 25, 2016 12:58 am

It's under the section Combat Episodes in the ingame campaign selection menu - in the editor it's called july44, in the cm_final subsection.
    KurtTank
    Silver Tools
    Silver Tools

Post by KurtTank on Wed May 25, 2016 1:01 am

kapulA wrote:It's under the section Combat Episodes in the ingame campaign selection menu - in the editor it's called july44, in the cm_final subsection.

Found it....thanks!
    frinik

Post by frinik on Wed May 25, 2016 4:39 am

I have modified it slightly.On one installation I substituted the JS-2 for the JS-3 and the Tiger I for the Tiger II and on another install I ma using Panther Ausf A and G instead of tigers. These combats missions are good. I think they were made by Mistwalker back in 2012 when the Steel Panzer Mod 2.0 was released.
    SovietDrink
    Golden Camera
    Golden Camera

Post by SovietDrink on Wed May 25, 2016 5:53 pm

You are right! I like that he switches back and forth with all the viewing ports....I don't do that much. Also, I use the map more as that reflects the input from troops and other tanks to locate the enemy. But no target marker? Hardcore, indeed.
    I really like using only the viewing ports or peeking my head out to watch around, its great for immersion. But i can't tell you the number of times i died from a bullet to the head or from a mortal shell falling inside the open hatches!  And i use the map as a replacement for the lack of radio comm in steel fury as you do.

Nice! But how do you keep track of the shells? I'm not sure, but I think that the count was hidden with the HUD. Good job on the video!
    Thank you ! For the shell counts, when i order a reload and i don't hear the loading sound, i just guess i am out. A "no more shell!" sound would be great!
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat May 28, 2016 7:34 pm

SovietDrink wrote: A "no more shell!" sound would be great!
    I think it'll be possible only in case, if source code will be available Smile

And here's a new video bySovietDrink
    STEEL FURY: Barbarossa (Panzer III Ausf.J)

It is mission N1 from Campaign "Barbarossa" by Rends.
    I've applied some adjustments to the mission and polygon, but now I see that polygon still needs adjustments - make the bridge longer and river wider. And start the mission not at midnight, coz at 4:00 o'clock AM there is pretty much brighter. I think it's time to replace Pz.III/J (KWK39 long barrel) on Pz.III/G(KWK38).
    The mission itself quite hard, coz activity has place at the dark time.
    U've to force the river and attack the Soviet positions, then repel a counter-attack. U can see almost nothing, except during rocket falling. Nevertheless author managed to play it without any indication! Shocked Rolling Eyes Incredible!
    SovietDrink
    Golden Camera
    Golden Camera

Post by SovietDrink on Sat May 28, 2016 8:37 pm

Nevertheless author managed to play it without any indication! Shocked Rolling Eyes Incredible!
    Don't give me too much credit, i died a lot on that mission before managing to record a good run Laughing
    KurtTank
    Silver Tools
    Silver Tools

Post by KurtTank on Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:40 pm

SovietDrink wrote:
    Nevertheless author managed to play it without any indication! Shocked Rolling Eyes Incredible!
    Don't give me too much credit, i died a lot on that mission before managing to record a good run Laughing

Good job! I find that mission to be hard with the visibility factor. Were there Pz III Ausf. J's in Operation Barbarossa?
    frinik

Post by frinik on Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:48 pm

Probably not. I think they made their appearances only in 1942.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:57 pm

KurtTank wrote: Were there Pz III Ausf. J's in Operation Barbarossa?
    Actually, all tanks presented in the Campaign are Pz.III/J (KWK/38/39).
    But I think it would be nice to add to the mentioned Campaign a differnet types of Pz.III.
    I mean Pz.III/G and possibly replace current Pz.III/J (KWK39) on Pz.III/J (KWK38).
    Since we already have Pz.III/G smth. tells me we that may get ausf. F also Wink
    Of course, if we manage to prove will73 we need it Very Happy
    KurtTank
    Silver Tools
    Silver Tools

Post by KurtTank on Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:45 pm

frinik wrote:Probably not. I think they made their appearances only in 1942.

Thought so.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:48 pm