» Game Missions Pack #02 (GMP 2.37)
by lockie Yesterday at 10:11 pm

» Donations for the forum
by Jamrom2 Yesterday at 3:16 pm

» Танк Пантера Д/А/Г/ Panther ausf.D,A,G
by will73 Yesterday at 3:03 pm

» Tanks in the movies
by Jamrom2 Yesterday at 5:04 am

» Campaign "The Nazi power" (Pz.VI "Tiger")
by Lavrinenko Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:05 pm

» Computer Overhaul
by woofiedog Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:44 pm

» Hello, new to Steel Fury/STA... where do I start?
by Tanker Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:49 pm

» We all at sometime or another...
by woofiedog Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:19 pm

June 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Video from SF

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Video from SF

Post by lockie on Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:16 pm

Found a very interesting video from user's mission. It's completely fantastic, coz we see KV-2, JS-3, T-34/85 vs Ferdinand, Tiger, Panther Smile There are many tanks, perhaps 50! Explanations is Japanese language.

Have a fun! Cool
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Re: Video from SF

Post by frinik on Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:09 pm

MMMMMMM this battle does not make any sense tanks of differents periods of the war most of whom never faced each other with Japanese animés in between what a soup|!!!! Calling this a mission is very generous indeed.
    yl9961027
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by yl9961027 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:01 pm

戦車道!
    frinik

Post by frinik on Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:53 am

Speaking of videos has anybody managed to make a video form the game menu using Shift + F6???I have tried without success...
    MaxFH
    Best Modmaker
    Best Modmaker

Post by MaxFH on Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:48 pm

У грі можна зробити скриншот кнопка F12, також є можливість записувати відео (дізнався про це з меню гри), але що потрібно зробити для запису відео? Кнопки Shift + F6 не допомагають.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:02 pm

MaxFH wrote:...але що потрібно зробити для запису відео? Кнопки Shift + F6 не допомагають.
    Теоретично можна задіяти, але згідно досвіду, то нічого хорошого не вийде. Краще задіяти Fraps.
    It's possible, but better use the other program such as "Fraps".
    frinik

Post by frinik on Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:53 pm

I use Raptr ( works with both ATI and Nvidia gpus) or sometimes Geforce experience Shadow Play( for Nvidia cards only). Unlike fraps they are free and unlimited but not always flexible.
    Luftangreifer

Post by Luftangreifer on Mon May 04, 2015 5:15 am

Indeed that was either 3rd or 4th mission from the Barbarossa campaign. I edited/uploaded that video ^^
    I'm only few days old to this game, so probably lots of things I said are incorrect. Now that I know some people do check sim videos... I should do a little more research from next time haha.

Didn't even realize that the engine sound was missing until you mentioned it. Hope I can fix it.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon May 04, 2015 6:49 am

Hi, Luftangreifer
    Welcome on the board!
    Nice video! It is a first one, which I've seen with so many details. Usually, nobody voiced video. "Campaign Barbarossa" is a good mission compilation, which was made by Rends a long time ago. I've slightly re-designed missions and maps with a new stuff. So, now missions plays a bit interesting (At least I hope so Smile
    The cockpit in SF is somekind of candy. It doesn't interact with user, except driver's place, where u may see some devices, i.e. engine power indicator whatever. In SF each tank has two sounds of the movement:
    - tracks sound
    - engine sound
    Both sounds dynamically changes depends on the landscape:
    - uphill/downhill
    - sand/clay/asphalt

I was impressed how did u hit the ATG from the first shot! It's a very hard task for the gunner.

PS
    How did u mange to find our forum?
    Luftangreifer

Post by Luftangreifer on Mon May 04, 2015 7:18 am

Thank you for your kind welcome Smile

Ranging target is hard in this game, and I usually miss a bunch of shots. But I typically play same mission several times before recording so I have a good understanding on what's going on. That's pretty much why I found/hit that field gun in the first shot haha. I really liked the first mission of the campaign, didn't find many night time situation in the mission packs.

I came from the Japanese wiki page. They seem to need some hands on English translation on modding guides, so I thought I'd pay a visit. Then found my video here.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon May 04, 2015 12:51 pm

Luftangreifer wrote:Thank you for your kind welcome Smile
    cheers

That's pretty much why I found/hit that field gun in the first shot haha.
    That's explains a lot how did u manage to hit ATG from the first shot Very Happy

I really liked the first mission of the campaign, didn't find many night time situation in the mission packs.
    Yes, when I played this dark mission first time, I failed pretty soon after I crossed the bridge. I've updated polygon, but it still needs adjustment, coz river is too narrow.
    As for other night mission, then I may recommend u "Problem child, July 1941". It is GMP1.42, No40. If u prefer to play for the small tanks like Pz35(t), then it's definitely er choice. But I'd like to warn u, it's only for the hard-ass players, coz mission is too hard  Cool

http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/post?p=972&mode=editpost

Also u may try "Mighty Tiger" (Pz.IF), GMP3.31, No50.

http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t153-mission-mighty-tiger-pz-i-f

OR try Pz.VI "Tiger" in the mission "Hard as a Rock!", GMP3.31, No5.

I came from the Japanese wiki page. They seem to need some hands on English translation on modding guides, so I thought I'd pay a visit. Then found my video here.
    OK, I see. Japanese wiki page is the BEST site devoted to SF, which I've ever seen!

Tanker
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Tanker on Mon May 04, 2015 11:57 pm

It is stated in that video that you must aim to the left of target because the sight is to the left of the cannon. Was that really true in real life? The parallax at 400m from the sights being offset from the cannon bore by only a few centimeters would be so small as to be irrelevant.
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Tue May 05, 2015 1:03 am

Isn't the difference - in the order of a couple of feet, more than enough to make a difference btween a hit and a miss, given normal dispersion/grouping - going to be maintained at any range, unless the sights are adjusted in such a way that the line of sight and the trajectory converge and meet at the range that is set?

I don't read German but the sight pictures on Pages 64 & 67 of the Tigerfibel suggest that you should aim off to the left. Same, for those on page 106 of the Pantherfibel:

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/photos-papers-propaganda-third-reich/tiger-panther-fibel-13860/

Tanker
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Tanker on Tue May 05, 2015 5:48 am

It's an interesting question.  I don't know the answer, but trying to offset the aiming point of the sight seems too inelegant.  I wonder what the distance is between the sight and the bore of the gun.

Secondly, what would be the purpose of bore sighting a weapon if the sight and the bore of the gun did not converge at some point?  I wonder if the two were set to converge at some distance, say 600m?

Using a hunting rifle for example, if the sights, either iron or scope are an inch above the barrel then the bullet will impact the target one inch lower than the sights IF the target is very close. (a few feet).  But if you sight your rifle in at, say, 200 yards then the point of impact will be the same as the point of aim.  I suspect some such arrangement was worked out with the tank sights.  

The most elegant solution would be to have the horizontal displacement automatically corrected as a function of the range that was set in the sight.  I don't know if that was ever implemented.

I do know that experienced gunners would set the range at 600 or 800m and then just under or over shoot as required for targets outside of the preset range.

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/a076704.pdf

Page nine details the bore sighting and zeroing procedures for the M60A1 tank. Both the elevation and horizontal offset were accounted for so that the gunner's sight would be the same as the impact point (within a 2 foot circle) at a predetermined range.

Granted, it is a more modern tank than a WW2 one, but it does show that the horizontal offset as well as the elevation is compensated for. Perhaps this same method was used in WW2 gunnery. If so, there would be a need to "fudge" the aim point to account for deflection at ranges other than the one that the sights were zeroed at. Unless there was some automatic adjustment of deflection when the range was set.
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Tue May 05, 2015 9:09 am

That's it in a nutshell Tanker. I remember that similar considerations applied when zeroing the SUIT sight on my old SLR, the former's objective lens being offset both vertically and horizontally from the bore sight.

Page 40 in the Pantherfiebel appears to describe the boresighting drill for that tank (with the bore being first lined up with a prominent, distant object with the sights set to zero) and the last graphic seems to show horizontal offset being corrected for at a range of 1400m. I suppose that if the sight linkage didn't therafter automatically adjust for ranges in between, you would have to apply an adjustment manually, the same way you would for elevation, using the 'battle sights' drill you describe.
    frinik

Post by frinik on Tue May 05, 2015 9:53 am

Luftangreifer.I was wondering why that name was familiar and I remember watching vids of him playing Contract Wars.Din't know he had made a vid about SF.

Welcome on board Luftangreifer. If you are looking for a not bad free-to-play fps with better graphics than Contract Wars and less team stacking I can recommend Survarium. It's another Russian made game. It's loosely based on the STALKER series as the Ukrainian company that made the series went bankrupt and was resurrected under a different name( Vostok Games) and made Survarium. You might want to try it. The maps are not bad and there will soon be new gameplay based on co-op missions STALKER-style and also individual assignments that will offer unlocks and stuff. I play the game occasionally and like it.
    Luftangreifer

Post by Luftangreifer on Tue May 05, 2015 4:01 pm

Ive actually learned about optic/gun barrel offset from the Japanese wiki. So I cant confirm whether it was a real thing or not, but it does make sense a bit especially at longer range. Im not a tank-master so someone can correct me if wrong haha.

And yes, Ive been watching some Survarium gameplay videos ^^ Looks great, but I play sooo many FPS games now adays, putting hands on another one might bankrupt me Sad
    frinik

Post by frinik on Wed May 06, 2015 5:53 am

Me too I also play too many fps. Survarium is free so no risk of bankrupting you Wink

Steel Fury is a relaxation by comparison. What mods do you have installed?
    Luftangreifer

Post by Luftangreifer on Wed May 06, 2015 6:21 am

I think mostly basic mods.

plus weather mods depending on the mission.
    frinik

Post by frinik on Wed May 06, 2015 8:46 pm

What is the sound complete mod???

How come a guy like you dedicated to playing fps has decided to play an obscure, 8 years old Ukrainian WW2 tank sim which has little popularity in the wide world of gaming?
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed May 06, 2015 9:34 pm

frinik wrote:How come a guy like you dedicated to playing fps has decided to play an obscure, 8 years old Ukrainian WW2 tank sim  which has little popularity in the wide world of gaming?
    He-he, it is a good question Smile
    Luftangreifer

Post by Luftangreifer on Thu May 07, 2015 2:09 am

Sound completion mod is a Japanese made mod, replacing bunch of SE and adding better ones.

I play lots of sports FPS games on my channel, but upload decent amount of simulation games as well. Mostly DCS and other flight sims. Ive played SA:BoW long time ago, so decided to give Steel Fury a try after watching some gameplay videos Surprised
    frinik

Post by frinik on Thu May 07, 2015 4:13 pm

Despite the German handle that you are using( air attacker) you are Japanese aren't you?

Anyway I always say it's good to have diverse tastes and not eat the same dish all the time! Enjoy SF in no small part thanks to people like Lockie,. Donken, will 1973, Deviator who are doing a lot. It's a very lively community and game that you're getting into.
    Luftangreifer

Post by Luftangreifer on Sun May 10, 2015 3:02 am

It depends on where you randomly spawn. If you can get up on the second hill behind the villege, its quite easy. But if that happens, mission terns out to be a simple sniping task, which is a bit boring.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:08 pm