Latest topics

August 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Mission: Battle of Villers-Bocage (Pz.VI "Tiger")

woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Re: Mission: Battle of Villers-Bocage (Pz.VI "Tiger")

Post by woofiedog on Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:59 am

yl9961027... " The data shows, at the time it was raining." wrote: wrote:

Here is a quote from one of the British commanders...

At the frontal tip was a Firefly from 2 Troop, commanded by Sgt. Stan Lockwood. One of his comrades, Sgt. Wally Allen, a Cromwell commander from 1 Troop parked his tank nearby and walked over to Lockwood to have a chat. As the smells of a pastoral French village swam in the air, Allen commented that that there as the smell of baking bread coming from one of the nearby shops. Up above them, the sky was wonderfully blue. wrote: wrote:

I did try a mission with cloudy & rainy day and as you can see in the screenshot, it is very hard to even see where you are, never mind where the enemy is located. I was right on top of the lead tanks before I could see them to get a shot in, not a very good spot to be in even while your sitting in a Tiger. LoL Laughing

woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:57 am

yl9961027... " The data shows, at the time it was raining wrote:

Well just finished another heated round of fighting with the Battle of Villers-Bocage misssion and wanted to say... near the end of the mission it looks like it is raining.  Smile

Had an all out fight against those British forces who keep fighting till the last round is fired, but did manage to save a few rounds of ammo just to give a coup de grace to that old city hall. Twisted Evil

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:02 pm

woofiedog wrote:
    WOW!  bounce  I didn't suppose to see so many enemy units! It's impossible to destroy all of them. Did u play on the balance "10"?

BTW
    I highly recommend u to try mission "SU-100 The number of the beast". It is GMP1.44, N06.
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:40 pm

Lockie...  
    I didn't suppose to see so many enemy units! It's impossible to destroy all of them. Did u play on the balance "10"?

Was using a 4/3/6 setup.  Very Happy

As Robert Shaw once stated...

I have not had very good luck with the "SU-100 The Number of the Beast" mission. But then again...  why did the Soviets only give the SU-100 an ammo supply of 4/10 rounds of ammo?  Did they think that the crews would only last that long in battle.  scratch
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:00 pm

Lockie...

A small item that concerns this Battle of Villers-Bocage mission is that the AI has their many problems in SF, but I found that you really need to have them along side of you in this mission.

As you stated... "It's impossible to destroy all of them". Yes,  but that is where you will save some of your tank's precious ammo supply by relying on and "trying" to keep your wingman out of harms way.  Easier said, than done, but you need it's main gun.  Rolling Eyes

Like Obi-Wan Kenobi said to young Skywalker... really on the force young Skywalker. Well something along those lines.  LoL  Cool
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:38 pm

woofiedog wrote:
    As you stated... "It's impossible to destroy all of them". Yes,  but that is where you will save some of your tank's precious ammo supply by relying on and "trying" to keep your wingman out of harms way.
    Wingman operates under AI control. It does u've only one tank and u've to fight with all enemy units Cool U can relay only on erself. It's a typical SF mission, where everything depends on user's skill.
    Check out PM to see "static" variant Wink

PS
    I'd like to change background picture, coz Tiger doesn't has appropriate insignia. So, I need more screenshots!

PPS
    woofiedog wrote:
    I have not had very good luck with the "SU-100 The Number of the Beast" mission. But then again...  why did the Soviets only give the SU-100 an ammo supply of 4/10 rounds of ammo?  Did they think that the crews would only last that long in battle.  scratch
    It is the same reason why JS-2 had only 28 shells. The reason is simple - small hull. It is conception of the medium tank, where weight should not be more than 40 tons. Thus it may come across the bridge with 40tons and a huge hordes of the Soviet tanks will bring a "liberty" to Europe.
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:05 am

lockie...  
    It is the same reason why JS-2 had only 28 shells. The reason is simple - small hull. It is conception of the medium tank, where weight should not be more than 40 tons. Thus it may come across the bridge with 40tons and a huge hordes of the Soviet tanks will bring a "liberty" to Europe. wrote:

That makes sense for crossing small bridges that were made from wood or with a small traffic load. In practice, did the Soviet tank crews place some extra rounds for a up coming battle though? Having only 14 rounds and then your really out of the fight, until you go back from the fight and reload some more ammo. Sort of takes out your punch in a heated battle. Neutral

Yes, the AI in the game is a "Lone Wolf or more like a Scared Puppy", but as long as it is helping out, it leaves you with a few more rounds of ammo that can be used for banging on city halls door.  

Johnny's home! LoL Laughing

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:52 am

Woffie, thanks for the great screenshots, but I don't see the new insignia 101 SS tank battalion "two crossed keys".

And now we've a new Brits tank Sherman M4A1/75. Should it be included into mission?

Finally APC M3 half-track is available now for the GBR side.

woofiedog wrote:Having only 14 rounds and then your really out of the fight, until you go back from the fight and reload some more ammo. Sort of takes out your punch in a heated battle.
    In the STA mod SU-100 has 34 shells, where 7 are HE and 27 are AP shells.

PS

Honey, I'm home!

Last edited by lockie on Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:40 am

Lockie...  

I had a bit of a problem with Following Directions! Embarassed

Redid my setup as directed and now have the insignia on the back side and front hull of the Tiger, but the turret insignia is still missing? Will look into why I am having this problem still with the insignia.

And excellent work on the new Sherman model, it is a beauty. Thank's for this work.  Very Happy
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:19 pm

Still having a problem with the insignia of the 101 tank SS battalion showing up on the side of the Tiger turret?

Started with a fresh copy of SF and rechecked all of the mods placed into the Mod folder and no luck.    Neutral

Here is a screen of my game setup.

woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:10 pm

Alright found my culprit, it was a corrupted JunUpdate file. Evil or Very Mad

So now all of the 101 tank SS battalion insignia's are showing up on our Tiger and we are now back in business.

Or as they say... We're back in the saddle again! cheers
    Barcelona Blom

Post by Barcelona Blom on Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:44 pm

Is the mission public yet, or is it just for beta testers ?
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:38 pm

woofiedog wrote:Alright found my culprit, it was a corrupted JunUpdate file. Evil or Very Mad
    Glad to hear that! I hope to see more screenshots with new units! alien

Barcelona Blom wrote:Is the mission public yet, or is it just for beta testers ?
    Not yet, but it's a very close to the finish. Let's say the mission is ready on 95%
    I just need time to polish it and prepare a second "static" variant. I know it's impossible to get the perfection, but I try to be closer to it as possible Smile
    Barcelona Blom

Post by Barcelona Blom on Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:28 pm

Take your time, I can wait Wink
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:42 pm

Just a few screens from the static battle of Villers-Bocage mission.  Don't I hear someone was looking for a little action! Laughing

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:18 pm

This screen is great, but it has a very low resolution Sad
    It does, I can't use it as a background picture  No
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:08 pm

Will post some more screens a later on, one of my brother's has invited us over for lobster's & steamed clams. A little hard to pass up such an offer! Very Happy
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:49 pm

woofiedog wrote:Will post some more screens a later on, one of my brother's has invited us over for lobster's & steamed clams. A little hard to pass up such an offer! Very Happy
    Bon appetit drunken

Meanwhile, Deviator prepared for all of us a great present - a new mission on the base polygon Viller-Bocage. It is post-activity mission, after Wittmann's attack. German armoured division Panzer-Lehr-Division, supported with "Tigers" from 101 Tank SS battalion, attacked Viller-Bocage and captured it. Three tanks Pz.IV H were lost.
    It is a classic SF skirmish mission tanks vs tanks.
    German side:
    - Pz.VI "Tiger", Pz.IV H
    Brits side:
    - Cromvell, Sherman M4A1/75, M4A2/75, Firefly M4A4

It is a very exiting mission! I named it as: Last Nazi Chance. Coz in spite German superiority in tank quality, they were finally overnumbered by Allies.

During battle I found out that Cromvell was a very tough nut! He got three shots less than 200 meters, but still was alive! And finally hit me.
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:40 am

The new mission sounds like a good one.  Very Happy

Lockie...
    This screen is great, but it has a very low resolution Sad It does, I can't use it as a background picture wrote: wrote:

Have a couple of test screens to see if these have better resolution, if so I'll make up some more later this morning.

PS... would have saved you some of Maine lobsters, but they are only a memory now. Laughing
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:40 am

woofiedog wrote:The new mission sounds like a good one.  Very Happy
    Glad to hear that!  

Have a couple of test screens to see if these have better resolution, if so I'll make up some more later this morning.
    Unfortunately, all screenies still has low res. I think this is because u didn't check "Do not resize my image".

PS... would have saved you some of Maine lobsters, but they are only a memory now. Laughing
    alien

Last edited by lockie on Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:32 pm

Lockie...  
    Unfortunately, all screeniess still has low res. I think this is because u didn't check "Do not resize my image". wrote:

I have "Do not resize my image" on, but did a small test and after saving one of the screens I posted here, it had dropped from 1920x1080 the original resolution down to 1280x720 in resolution. A fairly big change.

Here is another screen, that might be the answer. If this works I will go ahead and setup some more screens.

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:53 pm

woofiedog wrote:Here is another screen, that might be the answer. If this works I will go ahead and setup some more screens.
    WOW! That's absolutely terrific resolution! ~2.3Mb screenshot! It's even more than I expected! YES, these screens has a great resolution and fits like a glove Wink
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:04 am

Lockie...
    screens has a great resolution and fits like a glove wrote:

Excellent.  cheers

Still have not fought my way to victory in the V2 static mission. But will have to say, so far really like the mission planning and storyline.

Action is almost like a Schwarzenegger movie and don't say it too loud "but there is" something lurking out there, just waiting, right around the next corner, or hedge.  Twisted Evil

Thank's to all that worked on this project.  Very Happy  

Like old Roy Scheider said in Jaws... to get to the end of this mission...  you're going feel that "you need a bigger tank".  Shocked

woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:56 am

Victory has finally prevailed over the Allied forces. cheers

A few screenshots of the Battle of Villers-Bocage V2.  Smile

Taking a break in front of City Hall! Cool

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:44 am

woofiedog wrote:Victory has finally prevailed over the Allied forces. cheers
    It does that mission works! Excellent result! bounce Here's another mission. Check PM.

A few screenshots of the Battle of Villers-Bocage V2.  Smile
    Great!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:05 am