Latest topics

» Campaign: Otto Carius (WIP)
by lockie Today at 11:15 am

» Best laptop for playing
by Lightning62 Today at 10:36 am

» All of the command keys are set to ???
by lockie Today at 8:00 am

» Sta scranny 001:Error
by mechanic Yesterday at 9:51 pm

» Missing Keyboard Defaults
by Lightning62 Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:10 pm

» Any way to separate infantry from tanks?
by aleader Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:50 pm

» STA(Steel Tank Add-on) 3.2 (Steel Fury)
by Lightning62 Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:46 pm

» Missions by Deviator (Місії ад Девіатора)
by Deviator Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:13 pm

» New T-34/85 Sounds and Infantry Gun Sounds
by KurtTank Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:27 pm

December 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Mission: Battle of Villers-Bocage (Pz.VI "Tiger")

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Re: Mission: Battle of Villers-Bocage (Pz.VI "Tiger")

Post by lockie on Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:02 pm

dukling wrote:А червневий патч з Кромвелем не намічається?
    Так патч буде випущено, коли буде готова місія з Вітманом. Заради цієї місії патч і заплановано.

33lima wrote:OK but why not instead start the mission at the point it really started for Wittman - with the British collum already halted in position
    Of course, I may start the mission exactly from the stopped British position. In fact, Deviator didn't manage to force AI move along the road either and made mission from the stop stage.
    It'll be very easy and quite understandable to make mision in such manner. Well, the same situation with Cromvell. I could replace this tank with M4A2 and no need to make new trees, homes, bushes and other details. Before column stopped it had moving. At this moment I can't recreate it. But I know I can do that. Right now let's make a pause.

woofiedog wrote:
    Like a puzzle, as soon as you walk away, you will soon see all the pieces when you come back to it. Wink
    Thanks, Woofie! I need a vacation Smile
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:07 pm

Thanks, Woofie! I need a vacation Smile

There is nothing like a good engine tune up, to get the old spark-plugs firing in order again! cheers

Grab the wife and tell her how she is looking great today and don't forget the kids and tell them how how smart and good looking they are. And one other item, don't forget a new bone for the dog! Laughing
    Atlantis_Risen

Post by Atlantis_Risen on Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:51 pm

I'm really looking forward to this mission, and the Fury mission. Smile
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:30 pm

Here's one funny screen. Firefly caught two soldiers by his glacis and dragged along them ~100 meters Smile

Insignia of the 101 Pz Division

PS
    Suppose next two weeks I'll be on vacation Smile

Tanker
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Tanker on Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:06 pm

Have fun!
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:52 pm

This mission concerning the tank battles of the Normandy Campaign will be an excellent addition to the mission's of SF. Very Happy

PS Suppose next two weeks I'll be on vacation

Have a great time. Cool

Txema
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Txema on Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:45 pm

Have a very nice time, Lockie !!!

sunny
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Post by frinik on Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:48 am

Enjoy your holiday Lockie and no snooping around near the Russian border you hear? We wouldn't want to have to put your picture in the next update of STA with a "Russia Free Lockie "message would we??? Cool

dukling

Post by dukling on Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:37 am

Напевно місію і оновлення ще не скоро побачимо. Crying or Very sad
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:25 am

Thanks for good wishes Smile
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:56 am

So your sitting in the middle of town, beach front real estate close enough near your tank hatch to be able to smell the salt air, and none the less with a new set of tracks and thinking to yourself... where can you at least find some action around this one horse town.  Cool

Well, you just might be wishing for that something, that you will be soon regretting later on, during this very same day. Shocked

But back to the mission, a beauty of a map that is real eye candy and the mission game play really follows along like a storyline being played out.

How else can or could you say it about this mission... Wow

Extremely mint work all the way around with the new updates, objects/vehicles, object/vehicle skins, map and mission planning.

Thank's to everyone involved with this project.  cheers
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:49 am

Agreed! The only thing that would be even better, would be a mini-campaign of scripted missions based around the exploits of SS Sch Pz Abt 101 eg viller Bocage morning, Villers bocage afternoon, Totalize (final mission against the CLY and the Canadians).

As with other SF missions, variants could let you play the same mission in other playable vehicles eg Pz IV, Cromwell and Serman + Firefly.

The possibilities for a Normandy-themed set of missions are considerable.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:59 pm

woofiedog wrote:
    How else can or could you say it about this mission... Wow
    Extremely mint work all the way around with the new updates, objects/vehicles, object/vehicle skins, map and mission planning.
    Thank's to everyone involved with this project.  cheers
    I really like to hear it Smile
    What abt stationar variant? Are u ready to test it after 30th June? Wink

33lima wrote:Agreed! The only thing that would be even better, would be a mini-campaign of scripted missions based around the exploits of SS Sch Pz Abt 101 eg viller Bocage morning, Villers bocage afternoon, Totalize (final mission against the CLY and the Canadians).
    Unfortunaely, I'm not good at Germany battles with allies. Suppose Devi9ator also Smile
    Anyway, we are ready to hear the new scenario!
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:24 pm

What abt stationar variant? Are u ready to test it after 30th June?

When was the last time you ever heard a kid say "no" to a ice cream cone. Laughing

Sound's very much like a heated battle coming in over beyond that last hedgerow, and it all comes down to you and your band of brother's sweating it out in a free for all fight, trying to hold your ground and save the day.

Guess all I can think of is... what are we waiting for... lets go! cheers
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:23 pm

Have a question concerning the battle of Villers-Bocage, were the German tankers wearing the spotted camo uniform as in this photo taken around May 1944 of Michael Wittman and crew?  

SS panzer-Panzer-Abteilung 101 in May 1944. From left to right: SS-Oberscharführer Georg Lötzsch, SS-Hauptscharführer Hans Höflinger, SS-Unterscharführer Kurt Klebber (sitting in Tiger), SS-Obersturmführer Michael Wittmann, and SS-Unterscharführer Balthasar "Bobby" Woll

Seems that Michael Wittman was wearing a surplus Kriegsmarine leather jacket at the time of his death.

A time line of the SS Pz.Abt. 101 from "24 March 1943 thru 5 September 1944".

http://abteilung101.ucoz.net/index/ss_s_pz_abt_101/0-18

Also the story covering Michael Wittman, 13 June, 1944, from the book by Bernage, George...  The Panzers and the Battle of Normandy, 2000  p 82-106.

http://abteilung101.ucoz.net/index/viller_bocage/0-22
    yl9961027
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by yl9961027 on Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:55 am

I just try this mission, great job!
    Some of my suggestions.
    1. Wittmann's tiger number is 212. Follow Wittmann's 231.
    2. There are four other Tigers took part in the battle.
    1)221 & 223: They are from the south of N175 to offer Wittmann firepower, did not enter the Villers bocage.
    2)211 & 234: When Wittmann's attack on Villers bocage, 211 & 234 attacked hill 213.
    3. No information showing that 17pdr took part in the battle.
    4. The British had many M3 halftrack.
    5. Too many of the firefly. I think the reasonable number is in 3~4.
    6. The data shows, at the time it was raining.

lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:28 pm

woofiedog wrote:
    When was the last time you ever heard a kid say "no" to a ice cream cone. Laughing
    comes down to you and your band of brother's sweating it out in a free for all fight, trying to hold your ground and save the day.
    Unmovable variant will be exactly as Deviator made it. So, user will've a choice to pick up any.

yl9961027 wrote:I just try this mission, great job!
    cheers

Some of my suggestions.
    1. Wittmann's tiger number is 212. Follow Wittmann's 231.
    Wll be fixed. Will73 promised to make original insignia and number (in fact, he has done it already. I was just out of time to implement it.)
    2. There are four other Tigers took part in the battle.
    221 & 223: They are from the south of N175 to offer Wittmann firepower, did not enter the Villers bocage. 211 & 234: When Wittmann's attack on Villers bocage, 211 & 234 attacked hill 213.
    Can u make the new variant? I think it'll be interesting, coz current mission is just a base for the user's imagination. I hope there will be more different variants of the mission.

3. No information showing that 17pdr took part in the battle.
    Could u be more detailed? Do u mean that i need to mention smth. abt. 17pdr in the breifing?

4. The British had many M3 halftrack.
    Yeap. APC M3 wasn't implemented for the GBR side yet. It'll be fixed.

5. Too many of the firefly. I think the reasonable number is in 3~4.
    Accepted. In fact, there should be only two Firefly.

6. The data shows, at the time it was raining.
    That's no problem for the good goalkeeper to change the weather Wink
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:55 am

lockie...
    Unmovable variant will be exactly as Deviator made it. So, user will've a choice to pick up any. wrote:

If it is anything like the first Villers-Bocage mission it is going to be one hec of a mission just to survive! Wicked Cool

Have a combat report...

As my tank crew and I slowly made our way down the road of death, just minutes before we had lay waste to the enemy before us, many times over. But now we were out of ammo for the main gun and all we had was a working machine gun and a very short prayer.

Coming with speed and agility, a Cromwell tank was now hunting us, as it main prey. My crew and I sweating bullets from our foreheads waiting for the British tank crew to get in killing position, as we tried in vain to make a plan of action.

When from out of the blue, like a miracle from above happened as the British tank commander made his first and last mistake. In his hast to finish us off, he directed his driver to make a turn over a small berm, in which the powerful Cromwell was now fully stuck and was now our prey.  

With a skillful maneuver our driver approached the British tank, which was now nose up in the air, hit the tank square on in it's belly and drove it over onto it's back and death.

Someone was watching over us! Shocked  

kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:42 pm

Small suggestion - maybe turn the 17 pounders into 6 pounders on lower difficulties (as I doubt the Brits had the stronger 17 pounders in this specific battle, so maybe only have them appear at higher difficulties to create an additional challenge?).

If you haven't done so already. Smile
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:46 pm

You might be correct that the 17 pounder's were not at the Battle of Villers-Bocage and only the 6 pounder's were used during the battle. And only the Sherman Firefly with the 17 pounder were used during the battle.

But having those 17 pounder's facing you, does give you second thoughts about charging up against those anti tank guns, especially after making it that far already into the mission and by then your ammo load is quite low. And notice in the above screenshot, my Tiger has a jammed commander's hatch cover near the end of the mission.  Shocked  

One item though, was that the 17 pounder was used by the British forces since D-Day when they were flown in by Hamilcar glider with the British airborne units in the early hours before the landings.

But back to Villers-Bocage, 13th June 1944.

Quote... Having turned away from the threat posed by the advancing tanks of “B” Squadron to the west of the settlement, Wittmann headed back down Rue Georges Clémenceau, whereupon his Tiger was struck on the tracks – its weakest point – by what Wittmann believed to be a shell from a British 6-pdr anti-tank gun located in a small side alleyway between Boulevard Joffre and Rue Jeanne Bacon.

And there are photos of the after battle scene and they show only 6 pounders left behind or destroyed.

But as far as a little play on historical side of the mission, it is great having those guns in the game. cheers

Oh one last item... what could the main, lets say character for now, in the up coming mystery static mission... not sure myself, but could it be???? Laughing
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:31 am

woofiedog wrote:[/url]
    This list is quite impressive! bounce
    I may say that "unmovable" variant is much harder, coz all units stays and wait for the 'Tiger'. Of course, fire from all units is more stronger and accurate.

woofiedog wrote:Oh one last item... what could the main, lets say character for now, in the up coming mystery static mission... not sure myself, but could it be????
    I don't understand, what du u mean?

kapulA wrote:Small suggestion - maybe turn the 17 pounders into 6 pounders on lower difficulties
    Accepted! I'll bring in 6pdr at low balance. I.e. 1-4 or may be at "5" also. Anyway, I hope to see more user's variants of the mission.
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:34 am

woofiedog wrote: Oh one last item... what could the main, lets say character for now, in the up coming mystery static mission... not sure myself, but could it be???? I don't understand, what du u mean? wrote:

I was just guessing at what would be used for the static defense, a anti tank gun or a immobilized tank. Wink
    kapulA
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by kapulA on Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:23 pm

woofiedog wrote:
    But having those 17 pounder's facing you, does give you second thoughts about charging up against those anti tank guns, especially after making it that far already into the mission and by then your ammo load is quite low. And notice in the above screenshot, my Tiger has a jammed commander's hatch cover near the end of the mission.  Shocked

Hahah, wow, I don't think I've ever had that happen to me during my missions, must've been some skirmish!

And yeah, it's cool to have the stronger ATs on higher difficulties for a more challenging and slightly "what-if" mission Smile

On an unrelated note again, do the Brits have the PIAT ingame or lend-lease Bazookas? Really can't recall... silent

Can't wait to try this one out once I get home, many thanks for the mission Lockie! I'd be glad to assist you in digging up historical data for further Western front themed missions, once and if you decide to do more - that is something I can definitely manage from any location with a web connection! Smile
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:02 am

woofiedog wrote:
    I was just guessing at what would be used for the static defense, a anti tank gun or a immobilized tank. Wink
    Ok, I see. I'll send u static variant for testing.

kapulA wrote:
    On an unrelated note again, do the Brits have the PIAT ingame or lend-lease Bazookas? Really can't recall
    Yeap, Brits has PIAT, American has Bazooka. I think, these weapons are available from November 2014

Can't wait to try this one out once I get home, many thanks for the mission Lockie!
    Mission and polygon was made by Deviator. I just made "movable" variant and "painted" a bit polygon. It does that all credits goes to Deviator Wink

I'd be glad to assist you in digging up historical data for further Western front themed missions, once and if you decide to do more - that is something I can definitely manage from any location with a web connection! Smile

It sounds good! Coz now will73 is abt. to finish new Sherman 75/76mm gun. I don't know what is correct tank names, coz I'm completely confused with various Shermans and their Brits variants Rolling Eyes

Here we're. As I've understood there are M4A1/76 and M4A1/75.
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:45 pm

kapulA...
    On an unrelated note again, do the Brits have the PIAT ingame or lend-lease Bazookas? wrote:

Even in a Tiger, don't get yourself too close or stuck in the middle of a group of those British infantry, they are going to put up one hec of a fight. And it is a fast way of loosing a driver, loader or main gun, just when you will be needing them for the next round of fighting! Shocked

Lockie...
    Ok, I see. I'll send u static variant for testing. wrote:

Wicked... will be very much looking forward to the next skirmish! Thank's Twisted Evil

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:14 pm