Latest topics

» Calculation of the armor penetration
by lockie Today at 7:44 pm

» T-34/85/D5Т
by Glushak Today at 3:56 pm

» Airplane shotdown!
by Glushak Today at 2:16 pm

» Campaign "The Nazi power" (Pz.VI "Tiger")
by lockie Today at 6:53 am

» Terminated russian occupants in Ukraine
by lockie Yesterday at 8:16 pm

» Танк Пантера Д/А/Г/ Panther ausf.D,A,G
by will73 Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:30 pm

» Movie The Man with the Iron Heart
by plug_nickel Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:28 pm

» Question about german hetzer tank crew uniform
by plug_nickel Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:26 pm

» STA3.2 version
by plug_nickel Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:24 pm

October 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Poll: which missions you'd like to see?

Poll

which missions you'd like to see?

[ 11 ]
    85% [85%] 
    [ 2 ]
    15% [15%] 

Total Votes: 13
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Poll: which missions you'd like to see?

Post by lockie on Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:20 pm

I'd like to open this poll, suppose it'll be interesting which types of the mission users prefer.
    My vote is fantastic, coz author doesn't has a limits and may create whatever he wants Smile
    Poll will take 30 days.

Last edited by lockie on Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

manfas1

Re: Poll: which missions you'd like to see?

Post by manfas1 on Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:34 pm

historic, why? one word: immersion

Tanker
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Tanker on Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:41 am

I voted for historic. If by fantastic you mean creative, realistic scenarios that aren't strictly historical, I'd enjoy those also. A good story or scenario is good, whether it is fiction or history.
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Post by frinik on Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:05 am

I personally like the attack-counterattack scenarios. Fiction or histrorical are both fine with me.I enjoy missions at dusk or night time.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:19 pm

I think I may close the poll, coz user's preference is obvious bom
    woofiedog
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by woofiedog on Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:16 pm

A mission storyline that is close/semi historical or even fictional is fine by me. Very Happy
    javelina

Post by javelina on Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:24 am

I'd vote historic. I want the immersion of being a tanker.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:13 am

To summarize, we can see that user prefer historic mission or made on the base of history activity. Thus in the scenario should be history connection to give user more immersion of the real event.
    33lima
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by 33lima on Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:44 pm

Coming to this late, I'd have voted for the 'missing' third option - 'Realistic'.

A 'Realistic' mission would include the following features:

A 'briefing' (orders) which:

- starts by telling the player your rank, unit, appointment, vehicle type and location eg 'You are a lieutenant in B Squadron, 9 RTR, commanding a troop of three Churchill tanks. It's 26 June 1944, in a field near the village of Cheux in Normandy. You have your map and notebook at the ready, as you sit with your fellow troop leaders and the infantry platoon commander, ready to receive your orders from your squadron commander.'

- remembers that the player is not in command of the operation, just a platoon, and that he is given his orders/briefing verbally, in a group with the other participating platoon commanders - the briefing is NOT somebody from HQ in the rear somewhere, telling just the player what to do - it's your immediate boss, a major who you makes the plan and leads you all into battle, telling you AND all your fellow officers what the mission is, how he has planned for it to be carried out, and what everybody's job is to be.

- proceeds by giving you your orders in the format armies actually used during the war, which was very similar to the current NATO format (Ground-Situation-Mission-Execution-Service/Support-Command and Signal). The player, just as much as a real-life tank platoon/troop leader, needs to know what the mission is, what the boss's plan to achieve the mission is, and what his part in it is to be. The structure adopted for oral orders is designed to do precisely this.

- presents the player with a mission which - whether it is based on a real battle or not - is a realistic reproduction of a the sort of mission a company-level combat team would have had - following the sort of plan that a real-life company commander would have made, to achieve a given mission. This will include details like company formation - one up, two up, whatever; who is on the left, who on the right, who is behind 'in depth', and typically breaks the mission down into successive phases;

A 'Realistic' mission also needs to have the company commander and his 2ic/Exec officer present on the battlefield, both by giving 'Company HQ' its own vehicles which 'quarterback' just behind the leading platoons, AND simulates him running the battle as it develops eg event-triggered radio messages from the Company Commander, giving orders, advice or encouragement on the company radio net.

A 'Realistic' mission will have a plan which does not have light AFVs simply charge known enemy positions, only to get wiped out if the player doesn't also 'throw caution to the wind' and charge with them. It should allow time for platoons and individual tanks to advance by fire and movement, from fire position to fire position, with platoons making frequent halts during an advance to contact. This would give the player ample opportunity to practice realistic 'skills and drills' and some time to try to manage his platoon (if he chooses to take his job seriously). Movement over open ground should be covered by fire, either indirect from mortars/artillery or direct, from platoons (or vehicles) halted to cover other platoons (or vehicles) advancing This is not Space Invaders and not every battle must be a miniature Battle of Prokhorovka. Stealth, cunning and anticipation can be more fun, and more realistic, than 'run and gun' in a tank.

Some battles will be less formal but any kind of planned operation would at least have had the benefit of planning and even the shortest of orders given by a commanding officer like FRAGOs, in US Army parlance), would have followed a pattern.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:40 pm

As for realistic, then a great sample of such game it is exactly SABOW! There is no fun, no joy, no entertainment. There is only a hard work for the hardcore players! It is unique and completely new game! The hardcore and realistic are presented everywhere. Even to start the game u have to read and learn manual. It has a special topic: how to start the game! That's absolutely amazing!
    I understand, for any sim, i.e. submarine, tank, aircraft, train whatever - u've to read manual and spend a much time to start, let's say helicopter. But it's a childish toys to compare with SABOW! U've to learn how to drive the tank (goes without saying) and how to start the game (realistic hardcore). I'm pretty sure the new update for this game from developers will be a big and a long awaited surprise! This game still the same and has a huge wall for the casual players, which is really good for those who already involved and shared point of view of developers.
    Fortunately, in SF we may pick up almost any style of playing.

Aragorn

Post by Aragorn on Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:54 pm

lockie wrote:I'm pretty sure the new update for this game from developers will be a big and a long awaited surprise! This game still the same and has a huge wall for the casual players, which is really good for those who already involved and shared point of view of developers.

Since this is an old topic I would like to ask you whether you still think so, Lockie?
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:29 pm

Aragorn wrote:
    Since this is an old topic I would like to ask you whether you still think so, Lockie?
    Yeap, exactly. Moreover the boss of Graviteam said (suppose on Steam forum) that a real tanksim it is always a very monotonic and boring job, which is not interesting at all.
    It is not a secret anymore that SABOW was made on the base of the tactic game and was cut off with a sever manner to force player to believe it is tanksim and not a tactic game anymore.
    The big difference that Steel Fury didn't belong to GT. Owner of this game forced GT to make it more playable for the casual players.
    Now SABOW is a property of GT and it was done exactly at the taste of them. It does, if u don't like it than u'd better find another game, ie Steel Fury or Panzer Elite or Steel Beasts whatever.
    SABOW has a HUGE wall for the casual player and a twice HUGE wall for modding. Anyway, some users managed to do smth. like T-34/85, BTR-2 etc.
    BUT the problem is that GT released a patch, which changed the game and now any users mods are no longer compatible with a game. It was made a several times. And now may be somebody wants to do smth., but who knows what the new patch will be released, thus all modemaker's work could be taken out through the window.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:56 pm