» Tank Pz.Kpfw.I ausf.A
by Kibihiyo Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:44 am

» Game Missions Pack #01 (GMP 1.4)
by alexander9822 Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:23 pm

» STA 3.1 Bugs and crashed. HELP
by alexander9822 Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:34 pm

» STA3.1 testing
by dwain7 Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:53 am

» Campaign "The Nazi power" (Pz.VI "Tiger")
by lockie Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:51 pm

June 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Installers for GMP 2.01 and 3.0 both crash after partial download of files?

minimi66
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Installers for GMP 2.01 and 3.0 both crash after partial download of files?

Post by minimi66 on Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:01 pm

Hi,

Just come back to SF42 after about 2 years away from playing it and its great to see all the good work that's been done on this sim?  Well done to all involved and a big thanks!

Whilst updating the new install of the game and following the process outlined on this forum i had no problems at all up until running the .exe files for STA_GMP 2.01 and 3.0 from 4shared.com (STA_GMP 1 downloaded and installed fine)

The 4shared downloader utility (you know the one that installs a ton of f**king bloatware on your system whilst it works!!! Grrr!!) crashes after partial download of the game mission pack files?  The following error messages come up for STA_GMP 2.01 installer:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
    Runtime Error
    Program:
    C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Temp\@25BF.tmp\STA_GMP_2.0.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it inan unusual way.
    Please contact the applcations support team for more information,

The second message is:

System Component

System Component has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

Can anyone shed any light on what might be causing this?  The game still runs fine with the GMP_1 missions and everything else seems fine.  Is this potentially a problem at 4shared's end in that the .exe installer files are corrupt at times etc?  I opened a 4shared account and downloaded that way so its not that i haven't an account with them?

I'm running Win 7 (64 bit) and SF42 is installed on the C: drive but not in any protected or special folders as recommended on this forum.  Besides the 4shared installer/downloader is crashing whilst downloading the files to My Downloads not to any game or MODS folder at this stage?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.  Is there another way to get the raw .rar files for the GMP's other than the 4shared route?

Thanks very much.
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Re: Installers for GMP 2.01 and 3.0 both crash after partial download of files?

Post by lockie on Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:23 pm

minimi66 wrote:Hi,

Just come back to SF42 after about 2 years away from playing it and its great to see all the good work that's been done on this sim?  Well done to all involved and a big thanks!
    U're welcome!  cheers

Whilst updating the new install of the game and following the process outlined on this forum i had no problems at all up until running the .exe files for STA_GMP 2.01 and 3.0 from 4shared.com
    It's impossible. No any GMP`s has exe format. I did it deliberately to avoid any issues on the user`s PC side.
    That's smth. wrong with inet or with PC at er side.

The 4shared downloader utility (you know the one that installs a ton of f**king bloatware on your system whilst it works!!! Grrr!!) crashes after partial download of the game mission pack files?
    Don't use any third utility, just d/l directly. I know that 4share a bit crappy resource, but it's a very comfortable for me, coz it keeps links and I may update without address changing.

minimi66
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by minimi66 on Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:52 pm

Thanks lockie but there appears to be no way for me to download any .rar or .zip from 4shared without having to open a Premium account that i will have to pay for? I'm not paying $9.95 a month for something that i'll only use once in a blue moon.

I've tried the various options in my 4shared account manager and they all basically take me back to a screen saying i need a Premium account so its a con by 4shared to get my money.

If i'm wrong about this then please let me know or let me know if there is another way to get the .rar files without having to pay?

Thanks for getting back to me, hope i can find a way to sort this out. Don't like 4shared much though!!
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:01 am

minimi66 wrote:Thanks lockie but there appears to be no way for me to download any .rar or .zip from  I'm not paying $9.95 a month for something that i'll only use once i.  
    Me either Smile

I've tried the various options in my 4shared account manager and they all basically take me back to a screen saying i need a Premium account so its a con by 4shared to get my money.
    If i'm wrong about this then please let me know or let me know if there is another way to get the .rar files without having to pay?
    U're just out of limit to d/l per day, no wonder 4share ask u for premium to d/l more Smile
    Just wait for the next day and u'll be able to d/l another 3Gb.
    To short the day u may try a couple new missions from GMP 1.x Wink

minimi66
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by minimi66 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:03 am

Ok, will do but i'm off to my bed now as its 01:00 here in Cyprus!!

Thanks for the help mate and thanks for the hard work on the mods, looking forward to getting stuck into them!

Tanker
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Tanker on Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:11 am

Just make sure you've registered for a free account and make sure that you are signed into that account. You should have no problem d/l all the files needed as long as you have not exceeded the daily download limit for free accounts.
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Post by frinik on Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:04 am

Minimi66: I also have the free 4 shared account and I have no issue with it.Your error message with a runtime error is computer- related not related to GMP or file4 share.I googled your problem and here's what I found to solve it:

Hi,

This error can be caused due to Runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries are missing or due to software problem.

Method: 1

I would suggest you to try performing a clean boot and check if you can install.

A clean boot helps to verify if any third party application services or startup item is causing this issue.

You may refer the following KB article to put the computer in clean boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

If your issue is resolved after performing Clean Boot, then follow the steps mentioned in the above KB article to narrow down the exact source.

Also, after resolving the issue, see the section on the clean boot link to how to return your computer to a Normal startup mode by following the steps under “Reset the computer to start as usual.

Method 2:

You may also reinstall the Runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries to resolve the problem.

You can uninstall any existing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package and check if it helps.

Step 1: To uninstall the package:

a. Open Programs and Features.

b. From the list, find Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package and click on it.

c. Right click on it and select Uninstall

d. Restart the computer.

Step 2: Download and install the latest package and see if it helps.

Download details: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=A7B7A05E-6DE6-4D3A-A423-37BF0912DB84&displaylang=en

Don't let Microsoft shag you baby!!! Wink

minimi66
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by minimi66 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:34 am

Hi guys,

Thanks for all the advice above, i'm just going to wait until my next days download allowance has started and download the files then.

Will re-install the Runtime components as directed above to avoid any future problems in this regard.

Thanks very much for taking the time to put those directions together for me frinik! Much appreciated my friend!

frinik

Post by frinik on Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:29 pm

Well minimi66 we'll do everything in our Austin Powers to help you! Wink

Tanker
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Tanker on Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:26 am

Even if it cost one meeeeeeeeeelion dollars.
    frinik

Post by frinik on Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:08 am

Don't let it be the "Mod that shagged me!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:58 pm