Latest topics

» change the tank in missions
by lockie Today at 10:49 am

» is there any way to resupply the shells?
by lockie Today at 10:45 am

» How to use gunsight reticle to estimate the distance?
by plug_nickel Today at 12:03 am

» STA(Steel Tank Add-on) 3.2 (Steel Fury)
by mechanic Yesterday at 11:33 pm

» Poll: which missions you'd like to see?
by lockie Yesterday at 9:14 pm

» Campaign "The Nazi power" (Pz.VI "Tiger")
by lockie Yesterday at 9:11 pm

» Effects. New textures. Experiments.
by Zedd_Zol Yesterday at 3:18 pm

» Cologne Panther
by lockie Yesterday at 9:49 am

» Game Options
by frinik Yesterday at 3:15 am

December 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Free camera mod by tanx

panzerfront

Free camera mod by tanx

Post by panzerfront on Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:34 pm

I'm trying the free camera mod by tanx.   It has been enabled in mod enabler and I changed the SF42 key combination to something that will activate it.   In game I go to F9 external view and then activate the free camera.  It works and I can move the view around the battlefield and zoom in and out, but only from a top down (birds eye) perspective. The effect of the key commands on the number pad for the free camera seem to correspond to those for the map view rather than external camera.  Cannot get camera to shift to the horizontal to actually look at terrain and objects from the side.   Is this how it works?   Or am I missing something?

LSM

Re: Free camera mod by tanx

Post by LSM on Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:57 pm

Рanzerfront, а правий Ctrl + 5 правої клави не працює?
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:47 pm

As I remember to rotate camera u need to press 4,6. Pres 7,9 to move horizontally.

Tanker
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Tanker on Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:16 pm

Is this mod supposed to allow you to zoom around the battlefield after the battle is finished?

panzerfront

Post by panzerfront on Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:54 pm

LSM, you are the man. Ctrl+5 brings the camera to the ground and horizontal. Now I can use the number pad keys to tour the battlefield. Tanker, you can zoom around during a battle if your want.

Tanker
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Tanker on Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:25 am

Thanks panzerfront.  How do you activate the free camera once you go to external view (F9)?

I can't seem to make this mod work. In external view (F9) I press shift F11 to activate the debug camera or I press control-5 and nothing happens. I'm still tethered to the user's tank.
    geoweb35
    Golden Camera
    Golden Camera

Post by geoweb35 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:19 am

Hi, for the external view f9 i want to use the mouse not num buttons, any mod to use the mouse to move the view and to zoom in/out? thanks
    zet35

Post by zet35 on Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:43 pm

geoweb35 wrote:Hi, for the external view f9 i want to use the mouse not num buttons, any mod to use the mouse to move the view and to zoom in/out? thanks
    I'm sure it's impossible to use mouse to navigate camera.

minimi66
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by minimi66 on Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:54 pm

panzerfront wrote:LSM, you are the man.  Ctrl+5 brings the camera to the ground and horizontal.   Now I can use the number pad keys to tour the battlefield.   Tanker, you can zoom around during a battle if your want.

Hi guys!

I'm getting no luck at all with getting the Free Camera into "horizontal mode" with Ctrl-Numpad 5, Ctrl-5 or any other key i can find?  The mod works fine in normal mode and all the NP keys do what they're supposed to but i can not get it into horizontal mode which is really what i need for making videos as i don't just want footage of one side?  I need to be able to move to the enemy lines and capture what they are doing too?

Ctrl-5 or Ctrl-NP5 just wont work for me!  Any suggestions?  I've tried on S STA 3.1.

JSGME for3.1:

Thanks.
    MrCoredump

Post by MrCoredump on Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:35 pm

minimi66 wrote:

I'm getting no luck at all with getting the Free Camera into "horizontal mode" with Ctrl-Numpad 5, Ctrl-5 or any other key i can find?  The mod works fine in normal mode and all the NP keys do what they're supposed to but i can not get it into horizontal mode which is really what i need for making videos as i don't just want footage of one side?  I need to be able to move to the enemy lines and capture what they are doing too?

Ctrl-5 or Ctrl-NP5 just wont work for me!  Any suggestions?  I've tried on S STA 3.1.

JSGME for3.1:
    Where did you know about "horizontal mode"?

minimi66
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by minimi66 on Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:18 am

From the 5th post from the top of this page by panzerfront

Quote:

"LSM, you are the man. Ctrl+5 brings the camera to the ground and horizontal. Now I can use the number pad keys to tour the battlefield. Tanker, you can zoom around during a battle if your want."

Doesn't work for me though so must be something to do with all 3 of my installs?

minimi66
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by minimi66 on Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:25 am

But what i will say is from checking out a LOT of Steel Fury vids on You Tube i can see absolutely NO evidence that it does exist or has been used in making YT videos. Which is the only reason i am interested in it. As it stand you can only record the action by your own side, not what the enemy is doing or record ambient events and remote views etc.

Real pity, but maybe someone will come forward with how to fix this or a way to implement it in the future possibly?
    MrCoredump

Post by MrCoredump on Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:48 pm

minimi66 wrote:But what i will say is from checking out a LOT of Steel Fury vids on You Tube i can see absolutely NO evidence that it does exist or has been used in making YT videos. Which is the only reason i am interested in it. As it stand you can only record the action by your own side, not what the enemy is doing or record ambient events and remote views etc.

Real pity, but maybe someone will come forward with how to fix this or a way to implement it in the future possibly?
    You should enable free camera. Press combination of the keys and 4,6 to rotate, 7,9 up/down.

minimi66
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by minimi66 on Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:50 pm

Er? I already enabled Free Camera! A long time ago?

Its mapped to Shift-F9 in my Controls set up.

The point i've been trying to make is that you or i it seems can only get a vertical, top down, overhead view using the Free Camera.

What i'm looking for and according to other posts on this forum is possible, is the ability to get a horizontal, oblique, RTS-style view the same as you get when you press F9 from your own vehicle?

NOT a view that is like looking at the Map etc?

What i'm looking for is this:

Not this:

Basically i want to know if you can get an F9 External View Camera using the Free Camera Mod.

Like an F9 View that can go anywhere on the map/battlefield?

Its so i can get close up footage of enemy vehicles when making You Tube videos?

Thanks.
    MrCoredump

Post by MrCoredump on Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:28 pm

If you can move camera left, right, up, down it works. Angled camera is available Ctr+8 or 2.
    That's something strange with horizont mode.

minimi66
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by minimi66 on Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:54 pm

Mate i want to thank you for that last reply!!

You know what i never thought to try the Right Ctrl key and the NUMPAD buttons!!!!!

Was just banging away on the left one and getting more and more frustrated?  Couldn't see the wood for the trees i guess?

Thanks very much, works like a dream!!

I feel a Cross of Iron movie moment coming on?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:53 am