» Video from SF
by geoweb35 Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:35 am

» Ride the Tiger
by woofiedog Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:13 pm

» AnotherBattleEffectMOD(ABEM)for STA3.2
by woofiedog Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:50 pm

» Screenshots funny and serious :)
by woofiedog Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:47 pm

» Варіанти Т-34-76 в житті та в грі (T-34 variants live and game)
by woofiedog Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:18 pm

» Ukraine fights against enemy.
by lockie Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:55 pm

February 2018

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

A few questions about game DIFFICULTY SETTINGS

ezeight65

A few questions about game DIFFICULTY SETTINGS

Post by ezeight65 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:42 am

With regard to the levels of Allied vs Enemy Experience and Force Balance, I understand the 0-4 Experience scale means less or more for either side and 0-10 Force Balance corresponds to a scale of easy to hard...but in terms of game mechanics, how is this measured?  In quality of AI (dumber / smarter) or quantity of AI (more units or less)?  Something else entirely?

Specifically, I'm very interested in Force Balance.  How is that broken down exactly?  Does anyone know?  What does that translate to in terms of achieving mission goals?

EZ
    mechanic

Re: A few questions about game DIFFICULTY SETTINGS

Post by mechanic on Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:16 am

ezeight65 wrote:Specifically, I'm very interested in Force Balance.
    Did you read this?
    http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t30-faq-steel-fury

18. Q. What is the effect of the Balance sliders in options? Which direction do you move it to make less or more enemies?
    A. There are 3 sliders in the difficulty tab. All sliders were made to control more/less difficulty in the mission.

1. Force Balance has 10 positions.
    As lower slider position (#1 is lowest) the enemy has less quantity and more weaker. On the contrary alies has more units and they are more stronger. It completely depends on the missionmaker. Usually, there are several levels/positions of balance available. I.e. balance "5" is default. On the lower balance (i.e. "2") user have additional units, enemy less units. On the higher/hardest balance (i.e. "10") user have less units and units of the enemy became stronger and even weak units will be replaced on the stronger (more expirienced).

2. Allies experience has four positions.
    Pos. #4 is maximum and corresponds to the default values, which were set up by missionmaker. There are two parameters, which could be effected by "slider" for the units in the mission. Let's say missionmaker set them up as the next:
    1) Morale=90
    2) Experience=70
    For the "Alley" Pos. #4 will be correspond to the default values. If user set it up in Pos. #2 then it does that user's troop will get only 50% value from the default:
    1) Morale=45
    2) Experience=35
    The lower "Experience" - the slower AI rotate turret and targeting is more slow and inaccuracy. Suppose "Morale" effects how long unit will attack/defence then retreat.
    3. Enemy experience has four positions.
    Same procedure as above. If user wants to get idiotic enemy AI, then place it at Pos. #1.
    frinik
    TSF Member-Golden Feather
    TSF Member-Golden Feather

Post by frinik on Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:53 am

TBH I always play at balance 10 with max experience and max skills but the Ai is still mediocre. The maximum settings are just that maximum settings. They don't really make a huge difference.
    ezeight65

Post by ezeight65 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:41 am

This is great -- very helpful.  Much thanks, mechanic.

EZ

mechanic wrote:
    ezeight65 wrote:Specifically, I'm very interested in Force Balance.
    Did you read this?
    http://stasf2008.ephpbb.com/t30-faq-steel-fury

18. Q. What is the effect of the Balance sliders in options? Which direction do you move it to make less or more enemies?
     A. There are 3 sliders in the difficulty tab. All sliders were made to control more/less difficulty in the mission.

1. Force Balance has 10 positions.
    As lower slider position (#1 is lowest) the enemy has less quantity and more weaker. On the contrary alies has more units and they are more stronger. It completely depends on the missionmaker. Usually, there are several levels/positions of balance available. I.e. balance "5" is default. On the lower balance (i.e. "2") user have additional units, enemy less units. On the higher/hardest balance (i.e. "10") user have less units and units of the enemy became stronger and even weak units will be replaced on the stronger (more expirienced).

2. Allies experience has four positions.
    Pos. #4 is maximum and corresponds to the default values, which were set up by missionmaker. There are two parameters, which could be effected by "slider" for the units in the mission. Let's say missionmaker set them up as the next:
    1) Morale=90
    2) Experience=70
    For the "Alley" Pos. #4 will be correspond to the default values. If user set it up in Pos. #2 then it does that user's troop will get only 50% value from the default:
    1) Morale=45
    2) Experience=35
    The lower "Experience" - the slower AI rotate turret and targeting is more slow and inaccuracy. Suppose "Morale" effects how long unit will attack/defence then retreat.
    3. Enemy experience has four positions.
    Same procedure as above. If user wants to get idiotic enemy AI, then place it at Pos. #1.
    ezeight65

Post by ezeight65 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:43 am

Good to know -- thanks, frinik.

EZ

frinik wrote:TBH I always play at balance 10 with max experience and max skills but the Ai is still mediocre. The maximum settings are just that maximum settings. They don't really make a huge difference.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:43 am