January 2018

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Slight issue with STA 3.2

dwain7

Slight issue with STA 3.2

Post by dwain7 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:15 am

I have a slight issue...When I click "Start" to load a mission, the mission's splash screen appears (with the load progress bar) but then goes dark after a few seconds. A black screen until the mission completes loading. The missions are fine, and everything else works as it should. Any idea why the mission load screen with progress bar goes black until the mission load completes?

The issue appears on all mission loads, i.e. not specific to any one mission.

My mod installation order is as follows:

SSM 2.7
    Polygons_v2.1
    STA 3.2
    u01_NOV_2017
    aspect_16.9_STA3.2_v.7.5
    v03.1_All_missions_opened

I have not used any of the weather mods with STA 3.2 as of yet.

Txema
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Re: Slight issue with STA 3.2

Post by Txema on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:55 am

Hi dwain7 !

To solve that problem you have to disable Windows desktop composition.

To do that:

- right-click on the Steel Fury desktop icon
    - go to "properties"
    - go to "compatibility" tab
    - click on "disable desktop composition"
    - click on "Accept", to accept the change.

Now launch Steel Fury normally, double clicking on the desktop icon.

Please, report the results here !

Txema
    plug_nickel

Post by plug_nickel on Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:39 am

dwain7, install the newest version v03.8_All_missions_opened

dwain7

Post by dwain7 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:41 am

Two things...

1. I am using Win10. Disable desktop composition is not a selectable option in the Compatibility tab.

2. The download of v03.8_All_missions_opened is interrupted due to a virus being detected. I disabled my antivirus program, but same result. Is this maybe a 4Shared problem?

Txema
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Txema on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:19 am

dwain7 wrote:Two things...

1.  I am using Win10.  Disable desktop composition is not a selectable option in the Compatibility tab.

I am using Windows 7 and that option is available... Sorry to hear that...

Then I think that in the Steel Fury game options you can select "Windowed mode" or something like that, and that will solve your problem. Unfortunately, at least in my computer, the Frames Per Second diminish if I select "Windowed mode" in Steel Fury. So please, check it, but perhaps you will finally disable the "Windowed mode" to get better performance.

Please, report your results here !

Txema
    lockie
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by lockie on Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:12 am

dwain7 wrote:When I click "Start" to load a mission, the mission's splash screen appears (with the load progress bar) but then goes dark after a few seconds.
    Try to disable all mods and leave only
    SSM 2.7
    Polygons_v2.1
    STA 3.2

dwain7 wrote:2.  The download of  v03.8_All_missions_opened is interrupted due to a virus being detected.
    That's insane. v03.8 has only a simple text files. I can't imagine they infected by virus.

Txema
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Txema on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:55 pm

dwain7 wrote:
    2.  The download of  v03.8_All_missions_opened is interrupted due to a virus being detected.  I disabled my antivirus program, but same result.  Is this maybe a 4Shared problem?

Which navigator are you using to download the file? Perhaps it is Google Chrome? Then try with other one like Internet Explorer...

dwain7

Post by dwain7 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:46 pm

My primary browser is Opera, which is where I got virus message. I then tried the download using Chrome, which also detected a virus, but allowed me to override the error. Net, I successfully downloaded and installed the latest version of "All missions opened". However, that did not resolve the dark screen mission start issue.

Txema
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Txema on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:40 pm

dwain7 wrote:My primary browser is Opera, which is where I got virus message.  I then tried the download using Chrome, which also detected a virus, but allowed me to override the error.  Net, I successfully downloaded and installed the latest version of "All missions opened".  However, that did not resolve the dark screen mission start issue.  

If you got a warning message downloading with Google Chrome it probably stated that the file was not downloaded very often and therefore it could be potentially dangerous. Just that. Google Chrome will not tell you that it has detected a virus. It just states that the file is not downloaded very often. Please do not confuse both things because they are not the same.

Txema

dwain7

Post by dwain7 on Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:12 pm

The message was quite specific that a virus had been detected. But I was eventually able to download the file, which I then scanned using my anti-virus program and it found nothing. I installed the file and everything's fine with the game except for the dark mission load screen issue that prompted this discussion.

Just as a test, I also re-downloaded other 4Shared files and there was no problem. Whatever caused this is unique to the latest version of the all missions opened file.

Txema
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Txema on Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:41 pm

dwain7 wrote:I installed the file and everything's fine with the game except for the dark mission load screen issue that prompted this discussion.  

Have you tried enabling the "Window resolution mode" in Steel Fury options?
    (I can't remember the exact name of the option, it is something like that...)

dwain7

Post by dwain7 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:40 pm

I believe the setting is "No Video Mode Restrictions". Anyway, I set my configuration manually directly in the config.engcfg file, which afterwards I keep in "read only" mode. The config file setting I changed was under i_render:render() -- windowed = 0. I changed "0" to "1" and that solved the problem.

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

Txema
    TSF Member
    TSF Member

Post by Txema on Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:03 pm

dwain7 wrote:I believe the setting is "No Video Mode Restrictions".  Anyway, I set my configuration manually directly in the config.engcfg file, which afterwards I keep in "read only" mode.  The config file setting I changed was under i_render:render() -- windowed  = 0.  I changed "0" to "1" and that solved the problem.  

Thanks for the help.  Much appreciated.  

That's it !!!

However, please, pay attention to the Frames Per Second that you are getting when using windowed  = 1. In my case, I remember that the FPS were diminished when using windowed  = 1.

Txema

P.S. The setting is not "No Video Mode Restrictions"... It has other name. It is important to have always "No Video Mode Restrictions" enabled when using modern video cards.

dwain7

Post by dwain7 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:03 am

Thanks for the reply.

I have plenty of video, processor, and RAM horsepower, so frame rates are not a problem for me.

Can you tell me what the line in the eng.cfg file is for the "No Video Restrictions" option in the eng.cfg file is? Based on what you are saying, I apparently still have "No Video Restrictions" set in my configuration, and I do not want to change anything that would negatively affect the game's performance.

I do not want to put anyone out (i.e. ask too much), but a listing of what the settings in the eng.cfg file actually relate to would be really helpful. Many of them are obvious, but others, not so much.

Thanks again!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:35 pm